In 2003 Jim became a self employed, business management consultant to help business owners unlock their potential for opportunities by focusing their efforts strategically. He has helped numerous entrepreneurs and existing business owners to move their business forward either through expansion or exit strategies. He specializes in turning the complex into simple, strategic steps to facilitate change and foster innovative results.
Jim is currently President of FocusEfforts.com, a Florida based consulting boutique that specializes in assisting small to medium businesses, child care providers and construction contractors.
- SCORE Certified Mentoring
- SBA Trained Mentor familiar with SBA lending programs
- UCF Business Incubator Mentor
- National Entrepreneur Center Advisory Board Mentor
- State of Florida FAVACA Team Member traveling throughout the Caribbean, Central America and the USA promoting entrepreneurship
- Cairns Foundation, Innovation Challenge Pitch event, advisor/judge
- Former Chaplain with the Daytona Beach Police Department
Jim provides inspirational and topic reach content through is speaking engagements. He has spoken in front of crowds from 20 to 2,000, across the United States, Canada, Caribbean and Central South America teaching entrepreneurial skills and topics. Some of the speaking topics include, but not limited to:
- Strategic Planning
- Business Modeling How to
- Business Plans that attract key people and money
- Alternative Financing for credit adverse individuals
- Strategic Marketing
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Expanding your business off shore thru Importing/Exporting
- Understanding the various forms of Capital available
- New Product development from cradle to grave
- Starting a business, Concept to Creation
- Utilizing technology appropriately in managing the business
- Managing versus Leading teams
- and many more topics, ask for a full list
JIM’S WORK EXPERIENCE:
With more than 30 years international experience in senior management, ranging from strategic planning to tactical execution, Jim’s consults regularly on customer acquisition and retention, corporate administration, operational efficiency, technology utilization, product development, business development, marketing, logistics and exporting. His clients operate in various industries including academia, consumer products, retailing, franchising, manufacturing, distribution, real estate and construction along with public sector and non-profit clients. Over the last twenty (20) years, Jim has helped hundreds of small to medium businesses faced with start-up challenges through turnaround of under-performing operations. Prior to going out on his own, Jim held management positions in high technology companies ranging from under $1 million to multinational operations in excess of $400 million in total revenues.
Jim previously held a Florida Real Estate License, a Series 7 license, Florida 2-15 license and has received extensive training in various management and re-engineering disciplines including Six Sigma, Lean Enterprise, eMyth, ISO9000 Quality Systems, and TQM. To name just a few…
Jim is an Ordained Minister with Kingdom Minded Worldwide Ministries and a former Chaplain with the Daytona Beach Police Department.
Jim provided entrepreneurial teaching as an outreach Christian ministry called Godly Principles taught in partnership with local churches. After many years of research and study, He created his own curriculum that teaches bible principles for starting and owning a business.
Jim is married with five children, five cats and resides in Orlando, Florida